There is every kind of retail opportunity at nearby Woodgrove Mall and the many open malls in the area. Dover Bay area offers two large plant nurseries and a Home Depot, Staples, and a Costco. Most Dover Bay properties are a five minute drive from the shopping centers. Many homes in this area have amazing designs, efficient homes with spectacular ocean views, and safe neighbourhoods. Neck Point Park is a lighter version of Pipers Lagoon to the south. Neck Point is the name of some igneous rock that is connected at lower tides to the rest of the park. Sea lions and sometimes even orcas pass by here, and from the tops of moderate cliffs you can look down and sea otters torpedoing in the shallows. A developed trail runs through most of the park, with boardwalks and lookouts. There are access points to the beaches throughout this residential area with access points on Fillinger Cr., Icarus Dr., and Bayshore Dr.
- McGirr Elementary – 6199 McGirr Road, Nanaimo V9V 1C7 – 250 758-8946; fax: 250 756-0541, Principal Jill Wilkie, Vice-Principal Tanya Peace, Secretary Ruth Williams; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 341 students
- Randerson Ridge Elementary – 6021 Nelson Road, Nanaimo V9T 5N7 – 250 758-5076; fax: 250 751-2261, Principal Kelly McKee, Secretary Laura Paterson; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 327 students
- Rutherford Elementary – 5840 Hammond Bay Rd., Nanaimo V9T 5M6 – 250 758-5331; fax: 250 751-0829, Principal Terry Mazzei, Secretary Barb Suttie; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 255 students
- Dover Bay Secondary – 6135 McGirr Road, Nanaimo V9V 1M1 – 250 756-4595; fax: 250 751-3405, Principal John Blain, Vice-Principals Deborah Marshall and Chad Lintott, Secretary Colleen Gale; Grades 8 to 12: 1351 students
- Ecole Hammond Bay Elementary – 1025 Morningside Drive, Nanaimo V9T 1N5 – 250 758-5711; fax: 250 751-1873, Principal Francine John, Vice-Principal Christine Bohm, Secretary Karen Matthews; Kindergarten-Grade 7 (French Immersion): 336 students
- Aspengrove School – 7660 Clark Drive, Lantzville, British Columbia, Canada V0R 2H0 Phone: (250) 390-2201 Fax: (250) 390-2281