Hammond Bay is a stretch of hillside overlooking the ocean between Departure Bay and Dover Bay. This neighbourhood has properties with stunning views and luxury homes making it appear as a quaint village from the water at night. There are amazing views of the Strait of Georgia, and the Coastal Mountains. Pipers Lagoon Park is the best, most exotic oceanside park in Nanaimo. Pipers Lagoon is a great place to storm watch and is a pleasant place for beachcombing or a nice oceanfront hike. The Biological Station at one end of Hammond Bay researches aquaculture, marine environment, habitat, ocean science and the fish productivity priorities of the coastal waters of British Columbia.
- McGirr Elementary – 6199 McGirr Road, Nanaimo V9V 1C7 – 250 758-8946; fax: 250 756-0541, Principal Jill Wilkie, Vice-Principal Tanya Peace, Secretary Ruth Williams; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 341 students
- Randerson Ridge Elementary – 6021 Nelson Road, Nanaimo V9T 5N7 – 250 758-5076; fax: 250 751-2261, Principal Kelly McKee, Secretary Laura Paterson; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 327 students
- Dover Bay Secondary – 6135 McGirr Road, Nanaimo V9V 1M1 – 250 756-4595; fax: 250 751-3405, Principal John Blain, Vice-Principals Deborah Marshall and Chad Lintott, Secretary Colleen Gale; Grades 8 to 12: 1351 students
- Ecole Hammond Bay Elementary – 1025 Morningside Drive, Nanaimo V9T 1N5 – 250 758-5711; fax: 250 751-1873, Principal Francine John, Vice-Principal Christine Bohm, Secretary Karen Matthews; Kindergarten-Grade 7 (French Immersion): 336 students
- Aspengrove School – 7660 Clark Drive, Lantzville, British Columbia, Canada V0R 2H0 Phone: (250) 390-2201 Fax: (250) 390-2281